Tuesday 29 January 2019

MAJOR PROJECT: Individual Tutorial

Talk about the WHY in creative terms - producing

Dog hit scene - is it possible, tests etc, make sure it follows the style of the film

Cast together - photographs, posters etc

Look at platform again, maybe not channel 4

Promotional work - contact marketing and graphic designers, stills photographer, marketing campaigner

Overall creative control all the way to the end - evidence this

Reflective commentary - why something didn't work will lead to more research

Editing research

Get the script into gear - first and last scene - responsibility of the script - can only produce as well as the script

How am I going to get everything we need by the end of the day - think of it in terms of editing / reshoots - make sure everything is shot - build it into my producing - is it working

On it with the scripts - think it's sounding good or bad etc.


Detailed making of critical reflection - in blog - branch off into research

Will learn stuff while doing the filming - go into research - this happened, seen one example in this film - research


I have taken each of these points on board. I will get Alex to create another two scripts at least in advance of the shooting period so I can send them onto the cast members with plenty of time to familiarise themselves with the changes. My main aim for this unit is to talk about WHY in terms of my producing as I will be able to evaluate my work better. I also need to evidence my creative control throughout the project. This is something that I didn't do very well in the pre-production unit, so I will aim to improve on this during this unit.

I need to find an easy method in which I can keep track of the shoot days to ensure we get everything shot and complete by the end of the shoot days. This will minimise re-shoots and it will offer an easier post-production period if I have all the shots needed to create the best rough cut I can. Although, we have now completed the pre-production stage which usually consists of the most prep and planning, I must remember to continue with research throughout this unit in order to understand each aspect of our film. It is likely that I will learn something new during production, or I might have forgotten to do something in the pre-production stage which will require additional research. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

MAJOR PROJECT: Project Evaluation

Production My aim for this major project unit was to further develop the aspects of production which I had written about in the p...