Monday 12 December 2016

DIRECTIONS: Film Research

I need to start thinking about my film for the directions unit and how I will create the changing seasons scene in my own way. My initial ideas for this are using a calendar somehow to show the idea of time moving forward. Another film this reminds me of is Notting Hill, one scene in this shows Hugh Grant walking through the town and as he is walking the weather changes around him. He would be walking through leaves fallen off trees and then a couple seconds later would be kicking snow out of the way of the path. This, again, was a clever way of showing time passing as the different seasons flowed so smoothly. 

The first thing I noticed about the scene I have chosen was that it was a little boring, it swings around Bella quite slowly and after the second showing of the season you know whats going to happen when we look out the window again. Therefore, as I now get the chance to re-direct the scene, I will try to make it a bit more interesting. 

Other ideas showing time moving on:

- Looking through a calendar
- Driving along a road and one minute be using windscreen wipers to get the rain out the way and then the next minute have sun shining in so we need to bring the visor down, etc.
- Taking short films of suns setting and rising so showing the time passing through days rather than seasons
- Time-lapse of a couple of days
- Passing a drink or food and seeing the level get lower and lower (bowl of popcorn as the persons eaten through it)
- Ghosting
- Daylight outside the window getting darker going into night time. At night time traffic slows down and birds stop chirping
- Montage
- Simply, a clock?

(Memento, 2000)

No comments:

Post a Comment

MAJOR PROJECT: Project Evaluation

Production My aim for this major project unit was to further develop the aspects of production which I had written about in the p...