Wednesday 6 March 2019

MAJOR PROJECT: Travel Budget Before Re-shoot & Invoices

As we have decided to re-shoot for one day, I felt it was best to log all the expenses after the main production period and then to start again for the re-shoot period. 

As I predicted previously, we may have some additional cast and crew members getting the train to the shoot days. Initially, I knew about Ed and Dan getting the train and then Sue arrived with them at the train station on her first shoot day. I didn't expect her to get the train, however, this was no issue and I added her onto the travel expenditure log. We initially wanted to transport all the crew to the shoots ourselves, however Katie had a problem with her car which mean't she was unable to pick up Alix, meaning that she had to get a train. We told her in advance and she was fine with this, it just meant putting an extra cost onto the budget. As I had been keeping track of the budget, I knew that we saved money on the food at The Kent Owl Academy so I was confident that we could use that saved money to put towards the travel section of the budget. Due to these changes, over the course of production I added Sue and Alix into the table, and similarly to Ed and Dan I kept a record of their receipts and how much we had to reimburse them. 

As I researched previously, I decided to create a money expenditure log so I would be able to track and record all our spendings and reimbursement amounts. In order to reimburse the full train and bus fares to our cast and crew, I had to create an expenditure log purely for travel, and then have the main expenditure log which I would, in the end, deduct the travel from once it was all added together and reimbursed. I had a record of everyones train and bus tickets in various places, a PDF which I had been emailed, photographs on my phone etc, but I felt it was best to keep this in an additional place altogether.

Travel expenditure log



I will create a new travel expenditure log for the re-shoot to keep a track of the spendings on a clean table.

Invoices

To act as professionally as I could and to make sure there were no queries about the money reimbursement after the main shooting period, I created invoices to send to the cast and crew when I distributed their money back to them. On the invoice I stated the date, description of travel, the amount and then the total amount they were due back. I conducted research into invoices prior to this to see how to set one out. As money is a serious issue I wanted to be professional about it. The invoices varied between each person as they were all involved with the film differently. The first invoice below was billed to someone who took the train to the different shoot locations and the second invoice below was billed to someone who drove to the locations. For the train reimbursement invoice I stated the location in which they started their journey from and the location where the shoot was, once I collected their train ticket I was able to fill out the amount and then add them up to create the balance due. For the fuel reimbursement, I stated my working out to get to their total for each shoot day. Some cast members already worked it out on the mileage reimbursement form so I simply double checked it and others just wrote their milage down so I had to work it out. I sent these along with the reimbursement on the 23rd February (the day after we wrapped) and fortunately, I received no complaints or discrepancies with any of the cast or crew. 

The I will fill out these invoices again after the re-shoot and voice over day to continue with my professionalism with the cast. 


Train invoice (left) fuel invoice (right)

No comments:

Post a Comment

MAJOR PROJECT: Project Evaluation

Production My aim for this major project unit was to further develop the aspects of production which I had written about in the p...