Wednesday 26 September 2018

PRE-PRODUCTION: Individual 1-2-1's

VET-MAN: On the Road - gets licensed revoked and has to redeem himself 

Risk assessments

Cast - improv experience

Schedule for Alex, scripts etc, how many drafts of script do I want?

Think of practicality 

Budget - GoFundMe

Detail needs to be in there

Understand the work of a producer

Not just an organiser - I have a creative overview

Overall creative decision - find what that overarching project is 

Researching producers / what they do - what I'm going to be taking out of it

Working out all the elements that I'm going to be bringing to the pre-production package


Next steps

Following this feedback, I will start to make a schedule as I hadn't realised I had to make one before today. It makes sense though as I can make a list of what needs to be done by a certain date and share it with Katie and Alex. This way we can keep to the schedule and be on target for deadlines. As I am just the producer I will have the time to make this schedule very detailed and include everything. 

This tutorial has also made me realise that I need to think of everything in a practical way. Any ideas Katie and Alex have I will think of the pros and cons and how we can do it practically, e.g. Alex wants to film at the Kent Owl Academy and get our vet to handle the owls, but they want to do it by filming different angles so it looks like the vet is handling it but it's the professional instead, otherwise our actor would also need to be a professional and that would be harder to cast. 

I also noted that I have a creative overview as well as an organisational role, I didn't realise this, so I will have a say in the creative planning process, and during the shooting days. 

I need to continue my research into producers and specific shows, look at their cast and locations and see how they benefit the show. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

MAJOR PROJECT: Project Evaluation

Production My aim for this major project unit was to further develop the aspects of production which I had written about in the p...