Wednesday 25 January 2017

DIRECTIONS: Finding My Cast

After thinking about whether to use friends or go through Casting Call Pro, I decided to go with friends as I had some people in mind. Bella is the main part, being a young girl I found her easy to cast as I have a friend with dark brown hair who has done some camera work before. Bella's dad was a bit harder to cast as I needed to find someone I knew who was old enough to have a 18 year old daughter.
After thinking about this, I decided to ask someone I work with. Thirdly, Bella has a conversation with her friend, Jessica, as they walk out the cinema so I chose another friend who is close with my actress for Bella. I thought it was important that they're close with each other because Bella and Jessica are in the film and I think this way they'll be able to portray the girls better. There is also a background character at the very end but we do not see this character so I will cast this character a bit later. I believe in all three of my main characters and think they will do the roles justice. 

Bella Swan (Paige Simpson)
Gender: Female
Age: 18
Ethnicity: White British
Appearance: Tall, slim, dark brown hair and eyes

Life: Bella's parents, Charlie and Renee, divorced when she was three months old. Renee took Bella with her to Downey, California, to live with her grandmother, before moving to Riverside after her mother got her degree and landed a job as a teacher at the local school. When Bella was six years old, they moved to Phoenix, Arizona. During most of her childhood, she would visit her father in Forks, Washington, for one month every summer. 

Bella briefly took ballet and piano lessons, but stopped them because they were too difficult. She never fit in with the other students in California or Arizona and she felt 'out of sync' with everyone including her mum. While her mum was impractical and liked to shift from one interest to another, Bella grew up as the more responsible and independent one. At an early age she took over most of the household responsibility. 







Jessica Stanley (Amber Heath)
Gender: Female
Age: 18
Ethnicity: White British
Appearance: Small, slim, light brown hair

Life: Jessica's family moved to Forks when she was a small child, but Jessica has always thought of herself as being less provincial than the locals. At school, she was a good student and fairly popular. On Bella's first day at the school, Jessica becomes her friend. She also takes both Spanish and Trigonometry with Bella during the year. 









Charlie Swan (David Sandwell)

Gender: Male
Age: 37
Ethnicity: White British
Appearance: Tall, slim, pale skin, brown hair

Life: Charlie was born and raised in Forks by his parents, Geoffrey and Helen Swan, they were in their 40's when Charlie was born. As an adult, he joined the Forks Police Department. He wanted to go to college but his parents' help began to deteriorate with his mum in the early stages of Alzheimer's and his dads mobility decreasing due to arthritis. During Charlie's first summer as a policeman he met Bella's mum, Renee Higginbotham.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

MAJOR PROJECT: Project Evaluation

Production My aim for this major project unit was to further develop the aspects of production which I had written about in the p...