Monday 30 January 2017

DIRECTIONS: Project Development

The first scene of my film is in a bedroom, for this I will have my character dressed in causal, 'boyish' clothes like she does in the original film. I will also limit her make-up as the character doesn't wear a lot of it. While she is in and out of the bedroom when the time is passing I want the curtains to be open on the window the whole time because I want the amount of light coming through to also suggest what time of year it is.

E.g. a bright room means it would be blue sky and sunny outside, a dull/grey lighting in the room will suggest is has been raining or it is a miserable day.

The main style will be natural lighting as 2/3 scenes will be outside artificial lighting will not be needed. 

I am not sure yet how I will create the different seasons, I thought about editing it in post-production but I'm not sure how easy that will be. Another thing I thought about was a green screen at the window but I would have to film the footage of the seasons elsewhere and I don't know how I'd get it looking like it was snowing while the actual weather changes all the time. One idea I thought of that definitely would work would be for when it is snowing get my character to put on a scarf, gloves and hat and pick up a snow shovel or something similar to imply she is going out into the snow without actually seeing it. These are things I need to really think about and decide on because I want to make this film well and have it as something to be proud of.

Ideally, I want short shots of different things in the room, in amongst the shots of the character, maybe with the reflection of the snow falling outside the window. Or possibly a shadow on something showing the sun shining through.

The scene when she is talking to her dad, I think I want a simple conversation and the camera on whoever is talking. I may play about with the camera shots as we learnt about having the camera on the person who is listening to give another feel to the shot. So when Charlie tells Bella about moving back with her mum, maybe I can stay on Bella's face to see her reaction as she is not happy with the idea from her dad. Again, I want my male character to be in casual clothing, a checkered shirt I think will work best as he wears them in the film. This one will be taking place during the day as I want bright natural lighting to shoot the scene in.

Outside the cinema, I want the girls to walk out and walk to the right of the entrance and down the path, however in the film they walk left and so the building will be on the wrong side. But this is my way of directing the scene and at my location I think walking right will work best. They then see some guys who I shall cast later who talk to the girls. This scene will be shot in the evening as I want it to be dark out and with only the street lamps and lighting from the cinema. I am hoping I will pick the right time of day for this as I do not want it to be so dark we cannot see the faces, so it may have to be just as it gets dark. I can always make the sky darker in post-production.

The most important part is the scene in the bedroom as I want detailed shots that hold a lot of story-telling.

Props aren't really a big deal in the scenes. There are only a couple I would need, such as the car for Bella to get into after having the conversation with her dad. The other props I need are some photos with my actress and a boy for Bella's photos with Edward, as in the film we see them and then they disappear showing the time of her getting over him. 

A shot list will be produced very shortly once I have every single bit of the bedroom scene planned out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

MAJOR PROJECT: Project Evaluation

Production My aim for this major project unit was to further develop the aspects of production which I had written about in the p...