Thursday 26 January 2017

DIRECTIONS: Finding My Locations

I have three locations in my parts of the film, two of them are in and outside a house which I will be able to arrange easily. However, one of them is set outside a cinema which makes this one slightly more difficult with how busy a cinema can become just before a film showing.

The main part of the scenes I have chosen are set in a bedroom. For this location I will either use my own bedroom or my actress's bedroom. I feel like either one of these will be a good location because I will able to have full access to everything and can control a lot more inside such as the lighting and props. I will be filming early on a Sunday morning, this is because I want to use as much natural lighting as possible. This way I can control that lighting by covering it or embracing it rather than having to make my own light. Also, by knowing the house and people living in it I can ask them to be quite while filming.


Bedroom location with natural grey light 
Window lets a lot of natural lighting in
Bedroom with the curtains closed

The photos above show one of the bedrooms I might be filming in. Apart from the fact it was a dull, grey-sky day a lot of natural light got in, so hopefully Sunday will be a brighter day, therefore, will be able to let in even more light. The third and fourth photo above is when the curtains are closed. In the scenes in the bedroom we will be switching from day to night so knowing that with the curtains closed I can still get a decent amount of natural light through before creating any extra light was helpful. We won't always see the curtains in the shots so I may have the curtains half open to bring in more light in the night scenes. 

The scene with Bella and Charlie will happen outside my house or my actress's house. This one will also take place on the Sunday morning to have as much natural light as possible. Again, I chose this location because I will have full control with the setting, rather than having it set in a public car park or outside someone I don't know's house etc. My road, especially, is a quiet side road so we shouldn't be bothered too much with noise or the public.


This is the location of the house where the car scene will be filmed




After looking properly into the location and how I would set my actors out I have realised that I will use the drive for Bella to walk down towards her car, because of this I may move mine and my dads car out of the drive to create more room and to prevent the focus coming off the actors. The third photo above is where I will have the car that Bella is getting in to, out on the road. In my head having the car on the drive is too close to the house and if it is on the road the camera will have the characters in it and the car and that's all. However, depending on how it looks when its set up I might have the car on the drive instead and for the action to happen on the drive.

The final scene is outside the cinema. The cinema closest to me is Vue, Westwood Cross and this is a perfect location as it is new and looks good from the outside and the area is really big so I will be able to film away from and without interrupting the public and Vue's customers. Ideally, I would like to film this in the evening when it is dark or when it is nearly dark as this is the time they film it in New Moon. Vue is also quite idyllic at night with the lights of the sign and there are wall lights on the front of the building. I can imagine this will look nice as a background of the girls conversation. 



After researching what was on this Sunday, I have decided to film about 5.15 - 5.30pm. This is just when The Lego Batman Movie starts and before Fifty Shades Darker at 6 o'clock. It is only a short scene so this is definitely doable. 

Before it became dark with the wall lights on
At 10.45 in the evening with a flash
The sign lights from the front
(The wall lights were off)
After visiting this location I realise that I cannot do the filming too late because the wall lights get turned off and I definitely want these on as they are more lighting and should look good in the background. After evaluating these photos I think the best time to go will be just as has become dark around 5-6pm as I cannot have it too dark but I need to show that it is in the evening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

MAJOR PROJECT: Project Evaluation

Production My aim for this major project unit was to further develop the aspects of production which I had written about in the p...