Wednesday 25 January 2017

DIRECTIONS: Script

I found it quite easy to find the New Moon script online, finding the scenes were harder but once I got them I copied that part of the script over to Final Draft and changed the scenes to how I want to direct them. This included changing the part when she is sitting in the chair with the camera going around her and looking out the window to her walking in and out of the room, going to sleep and then just rolling over and getting up as if it was a new day. I was happy with my changed version of the script and felt like I could pull it off in a couple of weeks time.

I sent the changed script to Simon and he was happy with the scene choice. I was apprehensive about these scenes at the beginning but with the green light to the script I feel much more confident in pulling off the scenes. I realised that the script was only 4 pages when we had to send in a 6-7 page script, but I then found out that it was because the part where she is in the bedroom and the seasons are changing takes about 2 minutes to happen, there is no dialogue in this part so that section of the script was really small and would have been 2 pages if there was dialogue. 

Unfortunately, New Moon is set in America so I had to change some of the words as someone who lived in England wouldn't say some words the same way. This wasn't much of a problem, which is good as my cast are English and I wouldn't want to add pressure by saying they need to put on an American accent. 

My next task is to break the script down and to take notes about the production design and what cast I will need.

No comments:

Post a Comment

MAJOR PROJECT: Project Evaluation

Production My aim for this major project unit was to further develop the aspects of production which I had written about in the p...