Friday 25 November 2016

STORYTELLING: Short Film Review 3 - The Girl Is Mime

Screenshot from The Girl Is Mime
My final review is about The Girl Is Mime. This is a short film directed by Timm Bunn, it is about a mime who's wife dies and the police think the mime has done it, they just need to find the murder weapon.

This can relate to my own film because mine is about someone who murders someone else and the police are onto them, also the evidence in my film is an essential part which is the same as it is in The Girl Is MimeHowever, the set up of the film is so different to mine as in this short film there is no speaking as it is in the mime's point of view and they do not speak, we can only understand them by their body language and hand actions. I found it very interesting to watch because it was so different, at the beginning I didn't even think that it would be silent like the mime's life. Due to this, I thought it was very cleverly thought out and was intrigued from start to finish. The creepy music they used at the beginning and end when the mime was sitting at the table was also interesting, it built up the tension and made me wonder what was going to happen in the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment

MAJOR PROJECT: Project Evaluation

Production My aim for this major project unit was to further develop the aspects of production which I had written about in the p...