Friday 25 November 2016

STORYTELLING: Short Film Review 1 - Over

Screenshot from Over
Over (2015) was directed by Jörn Threlfall and won the Grand Jury Prize at Palm Springs in 2015 also. This short film was very interesting. It was based on a true story about a man who fell from a plane landing at Heathrow airport in 2012. The man was an immigrant and was trying to get into England while hiding in the aircrafts wheel-well, however, he didn't realise how cold it was up there and fell - his body was half frozen when he was found.
This film showed these events of how he was found and the aftermath but in reverse chronological order. I thought this film was really clever in the way that they told the story backwards, I definitely didn't see the man falling from the sky coming. I was interested from start to finish with the simplicity of the camera movement. The camera just sat there and I was watching everything that moved, thinking something was going to happen. However, parts of the film were not massively realistic because if someone had fallen from that height and hit a car, surely the car would be dented and the person would be crushed to the ground, covered in blood.


Watching this film I realise how good and professional the police tape looked. I found this one after speaking to Simon about involving the tape. It makes it look a lot more realistic and is worth re-shooting and buying the tape. This is the only part of this short film which relates to mine but it is an important part which establishes what has happened and that it is definitely needed in my film.

No comments:

Post a Comment

MAJOR PROJECT: Project Evaluation

Production My aim for this major project unit was to further develop the aspects of production which I had written about in the p...