Friday 25 November 2016

STORYTELLING: Short Film Review 2 - Prosopagnosia

Screenshot from Prosopagnosia
My next film review is about Prosopagnosia. This was directed by Hugo Keijzer. Prosopagnosia is about a man who finds his best friend dead in her flat and gets accused of murdering her, however, he has seen the murderer but he has a condition which doesn't allow him to remember peoples faces.
I found and watched this after my feedback with Steve and although this can be placed under thriller and drama and my script is just a drama, it really helped me plan out my 2 minutes in my head. Prosopagnosia shows the interview between the accused and the detective which I had pictured for my own film and it showed shots of the murdered women which Steve recommended that I show. This short film also confirmed how I could order my film as I didn't know how the police deal with murders, e.g. do they  move the body and then look for evidence or is the body the last thing they move and in this film they go back to the crime scene and the body is gone. This helped me in deciding whether to keep my dead person in the room or not. 


I enjoyed watching this film. It was thought through well and it told a good story in 14 minutes. The aesthetic of it looked good and the dark atmosphere added to the story and made me more intrigued. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

MAJOR PROJECT: Project Evaluation

Production My aim for this major project unit was to further develop the aspects of production which I had written about in the p...