Wednesday 2 November 2016

STORYTELLING - Shot List & Location Planning

This week is the study week of this term. There are a few things I need to catch up on this week, such as the contextual studies presentation and to start planning the 500 word review. I also need to read a few books which Louis has recommended, I have only read Film Art: An Introduction so far.

For the 500 word review I think I'll chose National Treasure because I have done some work on that and Louis said it was good so I think I have understood the programme well therefore should be able to write about it well. The different elements I will need to include are Mise en Scene, camerawork and editing, cinematography and sound, as these are the topics we have been looking at. I have already written bits about Mise en Scene when I reviewed National Treasure before which is handy. The first thing to do is research how to correctly structure a review because I haven't written one before. 

The three short films are next on my list which I need to watch and review. 

____________________________________________________________________

SHOT LIST

During the study week I also completed my initial shot list ready for filming. I hope I don't have to change too much to my script from my feedback from Steve as I'd like my ideas to still fit in with the script if it needs changing. I decided to complete a shot list rather than draw out a story board because my drawings are awful and I find it easier reading what to do with the actors and camera rather than trying to work out what I drew. Below is a screenshot of my shot list completed on Microsoft Word:


My camera angles and camera movement are pretty much the same throughout the 2 minutes. The shots are all stationary with the action going on within them, apart from the pan at the beginning and the angles are simply straight in front of the action, because of this I felt that there was no reason to put extra columns in for these. 

LOCATION PLANNING

During study week I went to one of my locations at my friends house and practised a bit of filming in the dark, as ideally I want my scenes which are outside to be in the dark. However, we found this difficult as we could hardly see anything out of the camera. It was so dark with one street light lighting everything. This was annoying as the whole time I had it planned to be dark, evening time. As this was a problem, I will change my final script to say early morning and I will shot it during the day instead. The scenes in my house will need to be filmed in the evening so I am hoping the general lighting doesn't look too different throughout my film as I'll be going from outside during the day to inside in the evening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

MAJOR PROJECT: Project Evaluation

Production My aim for this major project unit was to further develop the aspects of production which I had written about in the p...