Friday 28 October 2016

STORYTELLING: Edit Workshop 4

Today was a catch up day with Ferg in our edit workshop. It was really useful as I needed to finish editing my films are it was good to have Ferg there to answer questions. I needed to make my SOFT trailer more of a trailer as I thought my first try just looked like a shorter version of the film. Instead I mixed up the clips so there were bits from the end at the beginning and I added a few title scenes in with a few words to build up the tension and to let the audiences' imagination go wild with thinking how it will end.
I also finished editing my on location film with George, Danny and Connor in but there are some bits I still need to look at, such as, one of the clips has background noise and then it cuts to another clip with no background noise which ruins it a little when it's all put together. Finally Ferg taught me about the 'pen' tool.
This was because he looked over my trailer and the song in the background I had inserted was too loud and he explained that I needed to change the volume of it on different parts of the trailer. E.g. in places with action, we wanted to hear the action and what was being said so I decreased the volume of the background music and on parts like the title screens, I increased the music. This simple tool made the whole video better.

The grey picture shows how I changed the volume of the music by lifting the blue dot up or down.



No comments:

Post a Comment

MAJOR PROJECT: Project Evaluation

Production My aim for this major project unit was to further develop the aspects of production which I had written about in the p...