Wednesday 5 October 2016

STORYTELLING: Camera Workshop 2 - Chair Project

Today was our second camera workshop with Ferg. We got used to the cameras to start with and then Simon presented a powerpoint to us about different shots, long ones and a lot of short shots edited together. After we had to create a short film about a person and a chair using short shots and then later editing them together. I found it difficult to think of the idea but was looking forward to actually shooting them. After storyboarding, I found an idea, Emma was my actress and we started filming. My idea was to have Emma walking towards the chair and dropping her pen on the way.
This way I could do little shots of different angles of her picking up the pen. I thought my idea was good but found it hard to picture it in my head and get the perfect shots. I am hoping once I edit the footage it looks better than I'm thinking it will look, and I'm hoping I didn't miss any parts of the sequence otherwise the story won't make any sense.

Below is my video. It's not the best and I'm not very happy with it but it's not a bad first attempt at getting coverage. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

MAJOR PROJECT: Project Evaluation

Production My aim for this major project unit was to further develop the aspects of production which I had written about in the p...