Monday 24 October 2016

STORYTELLING: Finished Script!

On Friday, I finished my storytelling script. I never thought I'd get to the end. Today I downloaded a trial of Final Draft so I was able to put my script onto the software we need to use. I am proud of my script, but I can imagine that there will be a few things to change and talk about because the story makes sense in my head but out loud and to other people, especially a professional screenwriter, it might not.
Some of the changes that I made while I was writing the script was the locations. Originally at the beginning I only imagined my film in the police station but I added in a few other locations to make the story more interesting. Such as the victims house and the killers house. I struggled to create an ending and I think I went off topic slightly, this is where I am looking forward to getting the feedback from Steve to see how to improve it. 

The next stage is to talk to Steve about my first draft which is in two weeks time. In this time, I need to create a storyboard or shot list for my film and know every detail of how I'm going to film it before the 14th and 15th of November as they're my filming days with the equipment. I also need to plan what my actors are going to wear and how their hair and make-up are going to be like. At the moment, I'm thinking Miranda should be in smart clothes, a pencil skirt and blazer. Joseph should be in jeans, shoes (not trainers as he's in his late 20s) and a top/jacket. Ideally, the scene in the police station I would like to film at the studios in a room in our base room as it's the most professional-looking room I can think of which would have easy access to film in. I want to film my scenes in the late afternoon when its beginning to get dark. I have the majority of my ideas planned out, I just hope it all goes to plan on the filming days.

1 comment:

MAJOR PROJECT: Project Evaluation

Production My aim for this major project unit was to further develop the aspects of production which I had written about in the p...