Tuesday 6 November 2018

PRE-PRODUCTION: Pre-production Schedule 3

I have been keeping up-to-date with the pre-production schedule, and making sure we are keeping on track. I have had to make a few changes to the second schedule, creating the third schedule. 

Scripts
Alex was on track for the first script draft, however, we had a lot of feedback to the first draft and Alex has had to make a lot of changes so this has taken longer than expected. As a result of this, I've pushed back script draft 2/3 to a week later, giving Alex more time to improve the script, however, at the time this made us lose one script draft. We made up for this as we have decided to not send off for a book a few weeks in advance, instead we are going to find a local shop to bind our book. We wanted longer to create the book, as we all want to work on it up until the deadline. By taking the deadline out to send off for the book we have gained 2 extra weeks in order to get another couple script drafts completed. 

Casting
We have narrowed down our cast and I am currently arranging the auditions with them. I have sent out times and dates for the auditions but a few of the applicants can't do these times and dates, which I was expecting. I will liaise with Alex to see when we should reschedule the auditions so we can both attend them. 

We have decided to do some call backs so the chosen cast can meet each other and we can have a run through of the script. This will be done the week after we've chosen the cast as this will only be a couple of weeks before the Pre-Production deadline. 

Locations
I contacted a local pub, The Bell Inn in Bearsted and they have agreed to let us film in their pub. The landlord I spoke to is very flexible and just said to let him know what sort of look we wanted and he'll sort it for us. I spoke to him over the phone but I am planning to go in and have a look around to create a recce, this will help me write the risk assessment. I have also o,

DoP
Katie's storyboarding and shot lists have been pushed back a couple of weeks, because by then Alex should have completed script draft 4 and be onto number 5. Katie needs a good basic story to base her storyboarding on, and as Alex has changed the script slightly throughout the drafts, by the time script draft 4 is done the story shouldn't change from then.

We are scheduled to carry out test shoot 2 on Thursday 8th and we have contacted the Owl Academy to arrange this. We are still in contact with them through Alex's sister which is good, and they are still happy for us to use their site and the animals for our film. 

I have also scheduled test shoot 3 which Katie has asked to carry out, in order to test out different lighting set-ups. 

Budgeting
I am currently working on the estimate of the budget and this should be completed by next week. The GoFundMe has been online for a couple of weeks and I'll collect up the donations the week before the Pre-Production deadline so I can add this to the budget total. 


Pre-Production schedule 3:




No comments:

Post a Comment

MAJOR PROJECT: Project Evaluation

Production My aim for this major project unit was to further develop the aspects of production which I had written about in the p...