Wednesday 28 September 2016

STORYTELLING: Camera Workshop 1

Focus, Sound and White Balance

We had our first camera workshop today which I found really useful. Some bits Fergus taught us I knew about and some I didn't, so I learnt some new bits about the camera I didn't know about. The first  part we learnt about was the focus. We had two people standing in front of the camera and we had to switch the focus between the two; this is called Rack Focus.



After this, we had someone walking towards the camera and we had to keep them in focus as they got closer. This was slightly more difficult but I have been cameraman before for a short film where I had to change the focus during the recording so I understood how to do this.
















The next thing we learnt was how to use the boom pole and how to connect it to the camera. We did a few exercises with this, such as talking and walking away from the mic to see how affective using sound actually is. 








The final task we had to do was to set the white balance. I was in the camera shot for this and they set the white balance to me, then they documented the correct values for the focus, zoom, distance, kelvins and picture profile. Which were:

1. 4m focus
2. zoom 40
3. 3.5 metres between camera and focused object
4. 4000 kelvins
5. picture profile 2

No comments:

Post a Comment

MAJOR PROJECT: Project Evaluation

Production My aim for this major project unit was to further develop the aspects of production which I had written about in the p...