Wednesday 17 January 2018

'AS LIVE' PRODUCTION: Designing the Show Title / Logo

Our show needed an eye-catching logo for our title. I also thought the logo would look good on the back of our cards that we are going to read from in the pitch, this is why it was essential to have this done as soon as possible.

Katie and myself both tried different logos and we picked the one we preferred. I knew I wanted to include a hanger, being a clothes show, maybe hanging off one of the letters or something. I did some research into different styled logos and came across a hanger which had writing bent into the bottom of the wire hanger. This inspired the main part of the logo for me:

Sketches of potential logo for Steal the Style
I preferred the sketch on the right and I thought the best system to do this one would be Paint because I would be able to actually create the lines of the words and the hanger myself. I did this and was happy with the outcome:

Steal the Style logo created with Paint

The background was next; I wanted it to be colourful but classy, it needed to pop and be eye-catching.

Katie's ideas:
Katie came up with a short video rather than a still and it was really good. I could see it being at the beginning of a programme and we're going to use it for our show. This will be the main logo but we will make it transparent for a continuous logo in the top left hand corner throughout the show like any channel would have. We will also screenshot the best frame of the logo and use it for the back of our pitch cards and to start off the pitch powerpoint. 


Screenshot of Katie's logo
Screenshot of Katie's logo
The one thing I was unsure about with Katie's logo was the colour, we want the show to appeal to men and women and the logo being mainly pink might make men less likely to give the show a go. Because of this, we decided to change the main colour to red. 

Final logo / opening title:



Sting:
After creating the opening title, Katie made a similar video but shorter for a sting. This would be used before each section as a mini VT to introduce the next segment. Below is the 'Very Vintage' sting:




Flash cards: 
I had an idea to put our logo on our flash cards to make the cards look a bit more professional. I was very happy with these as they looked better than just a few pieces of paper. 


Flash cards with logo

No comments:

Post a Comment

MAJOR PROJECT: Project Evaluation

Production My aim for this major project unit was to further develop the aspects of production which I had written about in the p...