Monday 12 March 2018

'AS LIVE' PRODUCTION: Script Draft 2

To prepare for our first rehearsal tomorrow, I made sure everyone had finished their part of the script. Katie and myself had finished the dialogue and duration columns on our separate halves and George and Gavin had finished their blocking. It will be interesting to see how the script works out when it's put into practice and to see how much needs changing.

Version 2 of script:



Changes from Script 1 include:
- The visual column has been completed with camera movements and presenter movements, Katie and I have also added in the presenters names, Alfie and Adeline as they have now been confirmed.

- We added in some ad-libs for the presenters to give their own experience on things - I will explain this to the presenters in their first rehearsal, they need to make the show their own.

- I have also made the second half more conversational, this was the main aim for script version 2 as it was quite dry - the dad trainers segment (Old to New) is purely conversational until the model comes out. I will talk to the presenters about this segment and tell them to have 'banter' with each other to keep the audience interested and to put their own words in the segment to make it seem less scripted.

- Katie and I made it more personal to the contributors for both of our halves. 

- We have our DIY contributor confirmed, Bonnie Arpino, therefore I was able listen to her interview with Gavin and write questions according to her story.

- I wrote the drag segment with Oliver as the drag act, as it's in my half. We didn't have a confirmed contributor in the previous script but now we have a contributor it was easier to write it in relation to them. The introduction to the drag act isn't very strong but I am unsure on how to write it with enthusiasm so I will see how it goes in the rehearsal and the words might come to me while the presenters are saying it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

MAJOR PROJECT: Project Evaluation

Production My aim for this major project unit was to further develop the aspects of production which I had written about in the p...