Friday 10 February 2017

DIRECTIONS: Costume

Costume isn't a huge part of my film because the clothes are just normal, everyday tops, jeans and jackets. However, I still needed to consider the costume because if my actress turned up in a skirt or dress that wouldn't be the type of clothing appropriate for the character she is playing.

The bedroom scenes
The everyday clothes that Bella wears throughout the film are plain tops, checkered shirts, jeans and jogging bottoms. After looking at this I have asked my actress to bring a number of plain tops, shirts, jeans and joggers as she will need to change clothes to help show the different days as the time passes.


(1)

(1)

Getting into the car
Below is still from the movie of the scene where Charlie stops Bella from getting into their truck - in my film the vehicle is a car. In this still I noticed that Bella is carrying a rucksack, this is another piece of costume which is vital to show her personality with the type of bag she has. Charlie in this scene wears a beige/pale brown jacket, plain top and jeans. I have spoken to my actor and he actually has shown me a jacket very similar to this one which he will be wearing.

(1)

Outside the cinema 
For the costume of the scene which happens outside the cinema with Bella and Jessica, it is the same as the other scenes and casual clothing is required. As we will be outside and it is cold at the moment they will be wearing coats so we will not be seeing as much of their costume as we have been in the previous scenes. Luckily, in the still below they are wearing jacks and coats so the costume will not be as different because of the cold weather. 

(1)

(1) https://www.netflix.com/search?q=new%20m&jbv=70113010&jbp=0&jbr=0

No comments:

Post a Comment

MAJOR PROJECT: Project Evaluation

Production My aim for this major project unit was to further develop the aspects of production which I had written about in the p...