Wednesday 22 February 2017

DIRECTIONS: Shoot Day 2

Ideally, I wanted to get my filming done in one day as we had the whole day for it, but we didn't realise how long some bits would take and one of my actors couldn't make the first day so I had to schedule another shoot for the following day. This day consisted of re-shooting a couple of bits from the previous day in better lighting and filming the scene outside the cinema. We had to do this scene in the dark which we tried to avoid the day before but this didn't happen.

To overcome this situation I used an LED light to have in front of my actors just to brighten their faces so they could be seen on the camera. This worked well as in New Moon it is really dark when they leave the cinema so doing it while it was still a little light wouldn't have fit with the original film well. However, this means I worked against my aim of just using natural lighting, this was annoying but the picture wouldn't have looked good at all if I didn't use the light so I had to compromise.


The shots in the bedroom which we re-shot look a lot better now and I came up with a few more ideas also. I re-shot the beginning of the car scene as the first attempt was very over exposed when my actress walked into the sunlight from the shade. I added in a few more shots to make it slightly more interesting too, so I am happier now with these shots.


Additionally, in the rough cut I noticed in one of the shots where I make the frames disappear I didn't realise you could see our reflections in the blank TV screen. Therefore, I re-shot this one as well being careful to not be in the path of the reflection of the TV screen.


At the last minute, the friend I asked to be Jessica couldn't make it. Luckily, I called another friend and she stepped in just in time. To have learnt the lines in a couple of takes she was brilliant and couldn't have asked for a better cast to work with on this project. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

MAJOR PROJECT: Project Evaluation

Production My aim for this major project unit was to further develop the aspects of production which I had written about in the p...