Wednesday 22 February 2017

DIRECTIONS: Testing My Ideas


There were a couple of things I needed to test to see if they went to plan. I needed to test the falling snow, the disappearing photos and filming in the dark. I filmed the reflection of snow falling on shoot day 1 and it didn't go as well as planned as the reflection wasn't strong enough and its difficult to see what it is. After a bit of research and asking around I borrowed a snow machine and bought the liquid and covered a section of the garden outside the bedroom window. Once I did this I took a shot of the snow from the door and the idea is to use this shot just after my actress put her coat and hat on. This isn't quite as impressive as how they handle it in the original film but it still gives the idea that its winter. 


I tried out the disappearing photos on shoot day 1 also and then put them together in the rough cut. They looked really good and I was impressed with the effect but I noticed in one of the shots you could see us in the reflection of the blank TV screen which I didn't see while filming it. For this all I had to do was to re-shoot this one in front of the TV being careful not to be in the path of the screen reflection. 




After realising I definitely had to shoot in the dark outside the cinema I went to the location with the LED lamp, the Sony EX and someone to stand in front of the camera. Doing this, I found that you could see the face really well and it kept the background dark so it still looked like it was late at night with good detail to the face. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

MAJOR PROJECT: Project Evaluation

Production My aim for this major project unit was to further develop the aspects of production which I had written about in the p...