Thursday 2 February 2017

DIRECTIONS: Development

Creating the seasons
After taking my script apart and making notes, I have figured out that I will create the illusion of snow falling. I think this will look more realistic than seeing patches of white on the floor. To do this I will have an object such as a glass candle or simply a blank wall, shine a light onto it and sprinkle salt in front of the light, if I set the camera on this for a couple of seconds this will imply that it is snowing outside.

With any luck on my filming day the sky will be bright so I'll have a lot of natural lighting to use. This will look good shining through the curtains to show a nice sunny day. I may also create the sound of rain hitting the window and put it in, in post-production. These little ways are more creative and interesting than just looking out the window at the snow, rain and sun.

All three actors and the one extra are confirmed and are ready to film on the 12th. I will be giving out the scripts today so they have plenty of time to know the lines. They like the story and all seem enthusiastic which I am hoping will show in their performances.

No comments:

Post a Comment

MAJOR PROJECT: Project Evaluation

Production My aim for this major project unit was to further develop the aspects of production which I had written about in the p...