Wednesday 8 February 2017

DIRECTIONS: Props & Making Them Disappear

As I mentioned in the Directions: Project Research blog post I have a couple of props which I need to sort out. The main ones are the photos of Bella and Edward which disappear in the film. I asked my actress to send me some photos of her with a boy I know, Richard Whatley, to be Edward.

Below are some of the photos I received and I picked a couple out of these, developed and framed them.



Once they were in frames I placed them in specific places in the bedroom location so we can see them. My plan is to show a couple, then have them disappear and then show another one somewhere else in the room and then have that one disappear. 




These frames will come under this part of the script:

'PAN the now blank walls of the exceedingly neat room; gone
are all traces of Edward...'

I will pan the white walls of the bedroom, then cut to these frames and then they will disappear. 







After the voice over, the next part of the script is:


'... LAND ON the scrapbook which lies open; the photo of
Bella and Edward's embrace at the birthday party - gone.'

With this part I will cut to this shot of the photo album open with the photo on it. Again, the photo will then disappear and we will be left seeing the empty page of the album.





How to make the photos disappear in post-production:
I researched how to make an object disappear and found out it is possible in Premiere Pro. I will talk to Ferg about this also as he will be able to show me better than a video on YouTube will. I have found a few different ways to do this disappearing act from my research. One has taught me that I can make a couple objects at a time disappear  by layering two versions of a video on top of each other - one with the objects and one without (1). It can also be done in After Effects but I haven't used this software before so I would feel more comfortable using Premiere Pro, the software I am familiar with.

This is from another website:

(2) https://blogs.adobe.com/creativecloud/create-a-disappearing-effect-in-premiere-clip/



This way also makes sense so I will talk to Ferg for his opinion on what to do before I film on Sunday so I know how I am going to film the photo frames ready to make them disappear. 


(1) https://forums.creativecow.net/thread/3/929337

No comments:

Post a Comment

MAJOR PROJECT: Project Evaluation

Production My aim for this major project unit was to further develop the aspects of production which I had written about in the p...